Monday, April 5, 2010

Current Obsession

Dear Theresa,

I have a confession. This quilt. It's called the Folk Dance quilt. I'm sorry to say, when I need to be doing laundry, focusing on my online classes, or merely interacting with people (my family), this current project draws me like a menopausal woman to dark chocolate.

The fabrics are from Anna Maria Horner (who has a little boy, maybe a year old now?) and who blogs beautifully here. I admit, the points were a little tricky at the beginning but I've got the hang for the most part, and I'm having so much fun with the fabrics, seeing how they all mesh together. The pattern is free if you're interested, click here.

For the most part, I was able to purchase a majority of the fabrics from etsy, from Afabricoutlet. Anna Maria has a new book coming out called Handmade Beginnings. Somewhere, I saw a snippet from the book and one of the projects she had made a lampshade and somehow adhered cut-outs to it, birds, flowers, leaves and such. Very interesting! Can't wait to see what we can do with that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails