Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Quilt Weekend - A Success!

This past weekend, my sister, mom and I hit the road. Destination - Quilt Weekend. My mom belongs to a quilt group in Antioch, Illinois ~ I belonged, once upon a time, before my life got out of control. Anyhoo, we met the quilt group (along with Aunt Sue) at a Girl Scout Camp in East Troy, WI. It was a little rustic but the accommodations were clean, spirits were high, and the food was delicious.

Turns out, I bought so much Ghastlie fabric that I was able to make one lap quilt, and the beginnings of two more! Whew! Our little group was juiced let me tell you - on Saturday, we sewed from 7:30 in the morning til 11:30 that night - with one small break to get coffee from the local McD's! Yes, we were focused - driven! Here's the first quilt ...


And, the second ...

Do you see what happened? I ran out of the gray! Argh. Lucky me, I managed to find some more fabric at Cia's Palette in Minnesota. It really took me some seriously intent searching to find the Manor fabric. The pattern that I used was Nan's Harvest from Thimbleberries. I love the pink flat piping and it wasn't hard to do at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails