Monday, October 4, 2010

Painting project

At the end of the day - dishes done, laundry churning, the boy put to bed and all the other tasks done or put off to the next day (ahem), I either amuse myself by knitting or trolling through blogs. I admit it, I'm quite enraptured with blogs and have been reading many for several years.

Two weeks ago, I discovered Freckled Laundry. The author, Jami, has a paint technique that I've been mulling over and decided to duplicate. Her instructions are here. I didn't know it but Restoration Hardware has a line of zinc furniture which Jami had been envying. Having a good old fashioned obsessive craft nature, she duplicated the finish!

I just happened to have this cabinet laying around waiting for some attention. Originally, I had wanted to strip it down to its pine state. I quickly changed my mind once I saw Jami's tutorial. This weekend, I sanded the cabinet as much as possible and primed this morning. Now, I'm tracking down the supplies and hope to paint this weekend once I've got everything. Don't forget to check back for progress....







1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention, Michelle! I'm happy you liked my tutorial enough to try it and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished cabinet. You can find the DecoArt paints at Michaels...do you have one near you? Love the name of your blog!

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails