Saturday, October 23, 2010

Painting a la Freckled Laundry style

Remember the paint project I started after seeing Freckled Laundry's piece, in the last post? Well, here it is in progress and let me tell you - it was addictive. After I finished playing with this piece, I actually poked around the house to see what else I could paint. Lucky for Mr. Undead, I didn't find anything but there's always Craig's List.

Here is the piece after I finished the base coat. The darker color that you see here is the first part of the darker glazing. I loved how distressed it made the piece during application.



Here is the piece after it has had the medium and dark glazing applied.


And, here is the piece after I've completed all coats. Tomorrow, I hope to get the doors back on along with the knobs. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails