Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pincushions

I've had an itch to make some pincushions for quite some time and finally got around to it. (Yes, I was distracted and the dress is not cut out yet.) These are filled with lavender and they smell so good! Have I shared with you my lavender obsession? I LOVE lavender. Can't you just imagine living on a lavender farm - ah Provence, to be there now surrounded by lavender. Sigh. This lavender which was simply divine if I do say so, I found on etsy at Popko. She sells jewelry too.

The patterns for the pincushions can be found here. I want to make the cubed one next. Instead of using the quilting thread to segment the cushion, I sewed two antique buttons both front and back to indent the middle. I had just as much fun picking out the buttons as I did the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails