Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Packing the projects

We're going on vacation soon and I'm getting my assortment of car projects ready. Long car ride, you know? What, you might ask, is that item above? It's a teddy hat from Amanda Keeyes' Beanie Babies.

I love this book, it really has some wonderful hats - very easy to knit but with high visual and design impact. The author's journey to knitting is interesting too - she's a photographer who needed cute hats for her models. I can totally see you doing something like this T!

On a side note, I've started working on this koigu scarf - 648 stitches, cast on! Whew. I'm not sure if it will be a good car ride project though. The pattern is from Churchmouse Yarns & Teas on Bainbridge Island in Seattle. I visited last year when I was at the ACRL conference and it is a MUST visit if you're in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails